Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Too bogged to blog

I've been playing catch up after having my back betray me. This is the first time I've had to do the 8-5 thing with my back out. I'm finally on the mend just in time for the huge festival my church puts on every year.

If you live within 100 miles of Santa Rosa, CA, you simply must come. The Glendi Ethnic Food Fair features two days of live music, dancing, performances, church tours, and FOOD! Oh the food. Where else can you get Eritrean Zigni (spicy beef) served hot on engera (sponge bread)with lentils and alitcha (spinach dish)? They also serve up delicious culinary delights from Greece, Russia and the Balkans such as gyros, piroshki, sarma and spanikopita. You can wash it down with Sonoma County wines or local micro-brews. Follow it up with Greek or Eritrean coffee and a pastry from one of the their two bakeries. Is your mouth watering yet? And just think, if you get out there and dance like a Greek, you can work off the calories. Guilt-free binging! Find out more at www.theglendi.net. If you don't know how to dance like a Greek, no worries. I'll teach you! I'm teaching two classes each day.

OK, the commercial portion of my blog is done.

For those of you who join me in mourning the loss of Douglas Adams and regret the end to his zany space adventures, I have news for you. Eoin Colfer has been granted permission to extend Adams' Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy "trilogy". The sixth book in the series, And Another Thing..., debuts on October 12, 2009.

In the meantime, you'll want to check out the cool interactive site that Block Interactive and Penguin launched for all things HHGG related, at www.6of3.com.

No fiction writing will happen this weekend. Not even in the universe of Awesome Lavratt, my novel that has been compared by some to HHGG. I'll be too busy dancing. I'm so glad the back and the foot are doing better.

I'll try to get some Glendi pictures up next week. Maybe even tomorrow. We'll see...

Next interview, this Friday with Dani and Eytan Kollin, authors of The Unincorporated Man, with a review of same available concurrently at Mostly Fiction.

vote it up!

No comments: