Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Shifting writing gears

I've spent most of my allotted blogging time today on upgrading the blog. Adding more buttons for your bookmarking pleasure and added more links to my blog roll. SEO is a never-ending struggle. The good news is that SFOO is popping up all over the place. And since the blog is taking off, I'm going to devote more energy to it and quit some of my other myriad things I'm involved in to keep it current and vital.

I have author interviews with Allen M. Steele and Peter F. Hamilton scheduled for this month. My author interviews will always post on Fridays, but not (yet) every Friday.

Last weekend I cleaned the clutter in my house and it seemed to do wonders for the clutter in my brain. I had two new story ideas on Saturday. I finished the first draft of the flash piece and got a good start on the longer one on Sunday. I even managed to work in the credit card industry in answer to a co-worker's challenge. (I work for a trade journal for said industry by day.)

I also made a pivotal decision regarding my sequel to Awesome Lavratt. I'm going to write it in stand-alone chunks and submit them to mags. You won't have as long to see what Horace gets up to next and I'm hoping that will keep the same punch that Awesome Lavratt had when I wasn't trying too hard.

Please tell your friends about the new and improved SFOO blog, add me to your blogrolls, bookmarks, feeds, etc. Check out the new options on the right. Even new places to vote me up. :)

I'll be blogging over at Redwood Writers this week on Flash Fiction, complete with oodles of places to submit.

vote it up!

1 comment:

Sharon E. Dreyer said...

Great article! Can you help me clean out my house and brain too? Check out my first and recently released novel, Long Journey to Rneadal. This story is a romantic action adventure in space that is more about the characters than the technology. I'll check out your blog again!