Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Science Fiction, blues and my current hated word

I found this today on DeliCast, the site I get my blues fix from: AmericaFree_SciFi

And if you like rockin' blues, try 1Club.FM Bar Rockin Blues

Industry jargon drives me crazy. Every industry has it. Most people reading this know what I mean when I say that the ET went EVA to fix the hyperdrive because you read SF.

There's a three letter word that everyone seems to want to use in every industry. Now, I don't mind if they're going to use it to indicate a small metal object that opens locks. Or even as a verb for when I enter something on a keyboard or touch pad. But please, please, please, quit telling me that everything needful, crucial, essential, necessary, integral, etc, is KEY!!! I watched BBC World News America and they used it three times in 30 minutes!

Next week, for your edification, entertainment, enlightenment and enticement... I will be bringing you an interview with one of my fellow spec fic authors. Feel free to mosey over to Paula Stiles' website for a peek at the treat you'll be in for. When she posted to a group we were on together how many stories she had making the rounds, I had to have her tell you all about her writing experience. Look for it next Tuesday. She'll be guest blogging over on my LJ blog at the same time.


No comments: