Friday, January 11, 2008

Building Worlds with Words OR My Fifteen Minutes of Fame

I made it into the local paper today. I'm in the "Magnified" section of the Community Voice: Building Worlds With Words. I'm reading from my new novel, Awesome Lavratt, on Saturday in Santa Rosa. It's at Mysterious Future Bookstore on 5th St. near the mall for those who are local and available from 2-4PM.

And to make my week complete, the local rock station played my "perfect 10 (songs)" last night. Want to know what they were? I tried not to pick the overplayed ones. Here's the list I came up with:

1 Crossroads by Eric Clapton
2 Summer in the City by Lovin' Spoonful
3 Aja by Steely Dan
4 Love in an Elevator by Aerosmith
5 All Right Now by Free
6 Hoedown by Emerson, Lake & Palmer
7 Framed by Burton Cummings
8 Fat Bottom Girls by Queen
9 Load Out/Stay by Jackson Brown
10 Superstition by Stevie Ray Vaughn

I also have another one of my babies (stories) ready to leave the nest. I'm hoping to give it the final once-over this afternoon, and send it out to a print magazine. Fingers crossed. The story is about tiny thieving aliens who travel to Earth for a special heist. This story morphed so much that its original title, although cute (Short People Have More Reason), no longer provides an accurate glimpse into the story. Maybe "The Grasshopper Caper"? I don't know. I have to mull it. Feel free to provide suggestions. :)

No comments: